This is really the first year I’ve put together something for The Boy from the Easter Bunny. He is only 2.5 years old after all. I think he will have fun looking for eggs in the yard and getting a treat basket so here goes.
I wanted to put something together for him that would have fun things besides candy. This is what I came up with. Everything came from Target and cost around $15 including the basket:
- A glittery, light-up pinwheel
- 2 books from the dollar bin
- 2 pairs of socks – SpongeBob (he doesn’t know who Spongebob is but they’re cute, they look like sneakers), and bunnies with sparkly noses from the dollar bin
- A sparkly, light-up egg wand thingie
- Miniature Bert & Ernie figurines
- Annie’s Organic fruit snack pouch
- Glow sticks/bracelets (I added these later)
- 4 chocolates (Lindt mini bunny, mini chick, carrot and ladybug). Yes ok this breaks my no candy rule however they’re small and this is a special occasion and they’re super cute
- Plastic eggs filled with the following:
- Fruit snacks
- Goldfish crackers
- Punch balloons – these are a favorite item in our house. You will regularly find 2-6 balloons blown up all over the place. They’re sold in the party section of Target and I think there are 6 giant balloons per $2 bag. Super! Cheap entertainment – gotta love it.
Here are some other ideas I threw around:
- Matchbox cars
- Boxes of raisins
- Packet of seeds (an older kid might like this – not quite instant satisfaction enough for a 2 year old)
- A flashlight (The Boy is fascinated by flashlights)
- Plastic dinosaur
- Character toothbrush (Toy Story is a current favorite)
- a tangerine (except he doesn’t like those – but still a good idea)
Let’s hear some of your ideas – what is the Easter Bunny bringing for your little one?